Subscribe to our Feed
addtomyyahoo4 Subscribe with BloglinesAdd to netvibes
Add to Google

Cambridge Audio D300 Special Edition UK CD Player

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Cambridge Audio D300 Special Edition UK CD Player

Post by HiFiLab on Sun Aug 13, 2017 11:24 am

Product Description
On this player a high quality clock module and separate stabilised power supply are coupled to the latest 24 bit Crystal DAC to give the D300 SE an outstanding level of performance and reliability and a specification not found on many much pricier machines. An optical digital output also provides easy connection to other digital devices via its industry-standard Toslink connector.

User Review for reference:
I now realize how important it is to have a capable CD player in your audio lineup. Everything about every song on every CD I played sounded better. Bass is deeper and tighter. Vocals truly sound like vocals. Treble is clear, clean. I heard vibrato in recordings that I never knew was there.

This is the least 'digital' sounding CD player I've ever heard. I found myself listening to music much louder than I previously could. With my old CD player(s), if I listened to music at loud levels I would have to turn the treble down 3-4 dB from 1kHz-16kHz in order to reduce the painfully harsh brightness that it seemed many CDs had. Unfortunately by doing that a tremendous amount of the depth and dynamics of songs was significantly reduced. With the Cambridge I ran my EQ flat as a board, put in Def Leppard's Vault and cranked 'When Love and Hate Collide.' I've never heard music sound so good. Full, clear, detailed. The sibilance and digital harshness that I thought was due to a poor recording was in fact due to the CD players I had been using!

I noticed in the manual for the Cambridge that it recommends the CD player be turned on for 15-30 minutes before you do any serious listening (to warm everything up). The sound did improve the longer I had the player turned on. It did take a good half an hour or so and then everything really livened up

Depth 29cm, Width 43cm and Height 8cm.

Come with Original Remote Control

Price : RM 850
Contact Simon Ting 012-3612507

HiFiLab
Dealer\Reseller\Trader\Service Provider
Dealer\Reseller\Trader\Service Provider

Number of posts : 2033
Registration date : 2011-03-12

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification: